Well with a Baroque grille - Prague Castle, Second Courtyard
Prague Castle, Second Courtyard
Octagonal well from the end of the 17th century or perhaps the beginning of the 18th century, stands next to the Kohl´s Fountain on the Second Castle Courtyard, bears a metal beaten hood from an unknown author. The well is 14 m deep, water column is 4 m high. It has been used as a water source until 1905. In the whole Castle area there is a total of 20 wells approximately, most of them from Romanesque or Gothic periods.